Thursday, December 10, 2015

Blog Assignment #5 Planning an Interview for a personal profile

I wanted to interview a creative person such as an artist or writer. At first I was thinking about interviewing a professor of mine because he seemed to have had an interesting life. He was a former screenwriter and journalist and published author. However I decided to interview this author, who I won't name, that was coming to LaGuardia as part of an event. She was a Nieman fellow for harvard University and a former writer in the New York Times. I decided to interview her after her presentation as  part of the Bridge but also for this assignment. Here are a few questions I wanted to ask:


Who would you say are some of the writers who inspired you to write?


What was your writing process like?


Was choosing a title difficult?


What are you working on now?


How did this story impact you?


What did you learn about identity through writing this book?


What was it like growing up around violence?


What was the hardest part of writing this book?

Eventually I ended up choosing this author because I wanted an assignment that would take me out of my comfort zone. I thought this would be good practice as i pursue a career in Journalism. Also from reading her book I could tell the author was an interesting person.

No comments:

Post a Comment